jeezlouisexo: Blogmas Day 8 | Top 5 Winter Lipsticks

Thursday 8 December 2016

Blogmas Day 8 | Top 5 Winter Lipsticks


Welcome to day 8 of Blogmas! Christmas wouldn't be right without every girl rocking a bold lip, so today I'm going to share my top 5 winter lippies!

A dark lip is a staple for any winter makeup look, and I have featured a variety of brands, some a lot cheaper than others, to accommodate for everyone's budget.






Makeup Revolution / Private Members Club - This lipstick, believe it or not, is only £3! It's part of the Rose Gold range, which includes 5 shades from nude to vamp, and has this gorgeous rose gold packaging. The shade is a vampy purple which is perfect for winter time, I even wore it on Halloween! It has a slight glossy finish, but stays on for hours. The only problem I've found is that application is a bit patchy so you need to apply a few layers to get a really opaque look but for the price, I can't really complain! 
ModelCo / Smitten - I received this lipstick in a Birchbox last year, and it is one of my most reached for lippies! It is such a gorgeous dark red and it has a really creamy consistency which makes application so smooth. It has amazing staying power, I applied one coat before I went out for a meal and when I got home, it was still perfect! The finish is slightly glossy but it doesn't have a sticky texture and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a new lipstick!
Mac / Hot Tahiti - OMG this shade! There are no words to describe how much I love this lipstick! Because it's a glaze finish, it isn't as bold as the others but I find it's perfect for daytime or if you're someone that wants a more subtle dark lip. Along with any other Mac lippies, it applies amazingly and lasts all day!
Rimmel Kate Moss / 107 - Every girl probably has this in her collection, and admittedly I only bought this because I saw Zoella had it. I'm so glad I bought this as it's such a lovely wine red. It's a matte finish and does dry my lips a little bit but that's nothing a bit of lip balm can't fix! This is definitely a staple product in anyone's makeup collection!
Avon / Superb Wine - As the name suggests, this is a perfect dark wine shade. The reason I actually bought this is because the advert claimed that it's more matte than Mac, so obviously I wanted to test it. I've only got a couple of matte lippies by Mac, Velvet Teddy and Lady Danger, and I've found they're both quite drying on my lips whereas the Avon lipstick doesn't dry out my lips at all! I don't think it lasts as long as a Mac lippie but it applies well and looks great with a glittery eye look!



These are my favourite winter lipsticks, what are some of yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment